Westlake Research Hospital
Security has always been a part of the Westlake Hospital’s database. In a double-blind study, it is absolutely essential that no one tampers with the data. Also, patient confidentiality and the sensitive nature of the study require that the patients’ records and the records of their sessions with the doctors be kept absolutely private and secure. The researchers are anxious to see your plan for securing the data.
- 1. Create tables of the data access needs of your users.
- 2. Create a security plan that includes authentication and authorization and general policies and procedures. Consider the use of roles, stored procedures, views, and other tools.
- 3. Documentation: Document and define all the aspects of your plan.
- 4. Create a preliminary threat analysis.
- 5. Make a preliminary disaster management plan.
- 6. Create a view of the data that is tailored to the needs of one of your uses.
- 7. For extra-credit, create a stored procedure that executes one of the basic activities for your database (making an appointment, for instance, or letting patients see some of their doctors’ session notes on them.)
(Conger, 20141218, p. 176)
Conger, S. (20141218). Hands-On Database, 2nd Edition [VitalSource Bookshelf version].
I attached .VBK file which you can open in VitalSource Book shelf if you want to look in the book .. Its from Chapter 8.. Please do the complete To Do list.. ATTACHMENT PREVIEW